- Chennai, TN – India
- Information Technology – Full-Time
- Job # 449171
This position provides first tier operations support and problem resolution for mission critical systems. The primary role of the position is to maintain high availability and provide operational services for the Open Systems Operations environment. With the use of standard monitoring tools, systems, applications, and data center facility exceptions or abnormal events are investigated; assessed for severity and managed accordingly.
This position performs surveillance and initiates incident management for all Verizon Tier 1 Data Center. The role adheres to highly disciplined processes of reducing customer down time and a change management process that follows documented procedures and guidelines to schedule, implement, verify, and close change activity records within the allotted change window. Good knowledge of Open Systems, networking principles, functions and processes are necessary.
- Work experience 1 – 3 years
- Ready to work in shifts
- Basic understanding of multiple OS skills – Windows, Unix, Linux
- Experience in managing Server monitoring support
- Good Problem Solving & Troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of the open systems environment
- Good knowledge of datacenter operations
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the change management process and procedures
- Knowledge in handling CMD Bridges