Skills: Java, Selenium
Exp: 3 – 6 years
Job ID: JR0006622
Job Category: Product Development / Engineering
A Sr. Software QA Engineer at McAfee is an engineer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, feature testing and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understand the product/module requirements and come up with required test plans and scripts for automated testing.
- Enhance the automation framework to support NSP cloud offering.
- Interaction with design teams and working towards resolving bugs, ensuring that the product meets the quality and usability expectations.
- Reviewing product documentation and providing feedback.
- Compliance with latest testing methodologies to deliver additional functionality with quality.
- Drive the usability and management aspects with customer requirements in mind.
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections for all the automation code.
- Hands-on authoring of test cases and test code combined with test execution.
- Responsible for designing and developing automated tools or frameworks for highly optimized and effective test coverage.
- Ensure testability in product features and measure code coverage data regularly.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product’s testing strategy.
- Build tools and scripts to facilitate debugging and troubleshooting in variety of local and remote testing environments as well as in the field as required. Minimum qualifications We are seeking candidates that thrive on challenge and have the ability to work independently to ensure high quality of mission critical platform and applications.
The minimum qualifications we look for are:
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA from Top Engineering colleges (preferably)
- 3 – 6 years of experience in product testing and automation, including doing code review / bug analysis, writing test tools, designing test cases and contributing to effective test planning.
- Should have strong scripting skills. Candidate should translate the manual testing into automated tests.
- A proven track record of shipping high quality product. Should have debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills. Understanding of networking is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (http, snmp etc.)
- Hands on experience with network security (IPS, Firewall etc.,) desirable NSP QA Sr. SW QA Engineer
- Knowledge in AWS, Azure, NSX, Openstack desirable. Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality