Requisition ID : R-10076581
Location : Chennai
Skills : Android
- Work directly with the engineers on the Android team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the desktop.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Job Related Experience: 7+ years of proven software development experience; 3+ years of software development management experience.
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Have led the release of at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.