Software Testing is an important field & Software testers play an important role in application development. A software tester will run all kinds of tests – stress, performance, functional, scalability, user acceptance – at different stages of the software life cycle.
The software tester is an unsung hero for most development projects. They save end users from working with highly buggy software or applications that just don’t work well, greatly reducing tech support calls from frustrated customers. They also make the development team and the software vendor look good in the eyes of customers.
Skill of a Software Testers:
- Create and document automated and manual test plans and procedures, execute tests, analyze results and report on test problems and anomalies (document bugs)
- Perform software testing in all phases of the design-develop-test-release-maintain software life cycle
- Understand various development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum, and platforms or environments
- Possess thorough knowledge of several testing tools
- Be fluent in UNIX, Linux and/or Windows, as well as scripting and command-line tools
- Be a multi-tasker
- Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with development, operations, product management and customers
Software Tester Job Opportunities:
Software Tester Job Opportunities for your experience:
Software Tester Free PDFs: