Job number: 325525
Job category: Engineering
Employment type: Full-Time
Skills: Dot Net / SQL
As part of our team, you will develop services to answer deeper knowledge about customers that are not only actionable but also help shape the future direction of the platform. You will require to debug code, analyze data, monitor patterns & inspect logs in order to reason data and complete root cause analysis. You will have the opportunity to build state of the art tools that enable distributed querying of data by collecting, analyzing, discovering, and understanding various data models and feature vectors easier. Furthermore, you will work closely with other development teams around the company to leverage new technologies and algorithms which enable data querying platform to be a self-managed. Finally, you will collaborate with several partner teams to ensure that fundamentals and data service basics are achieved to exceed the expectations of the customer.
We have a close-knit team that believes in supporting and learning from each other to get the best from everyone. We are looking for a team mate who understands the fundamentals of data models, web services and can apply those skills with a customer-focused approach to deliver on our goals.
1. 1+ years of software development
2. A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
3. Passion for building big data services including data analysis and data modeling
4. Knowledge in the areas of web services, distributed systems, authentication, authorization, analytics, and data mining (optional).
5. Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, design patterns and the ability to think outside the box.
6. Strong coding and debugging skills with a modern object-oriented language
7. Strong design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
Optional useful skills:
1. Knowledge in large-scale distributed computing.
2. Knowledge in C# & SQL is a strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.