Req #: 170077854
Location: Bangalore East, KA, IN
Job Category: Technology
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 400+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
Execution Services Technology comprising of:
- Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing – SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
- Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Trade Management and Cash Middle Office
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence
The underlying technology for building out the solution and the components will be primarily Core Java.
Role and Responsibility Description:
We are looking for strong technologists to join the middle office IT team in Mumbai. Candidates will be expected to be best of breed software engineers; possess strong inter-personal skills as well as proven track record of delivering projects with highest code quality and timeliness.
This position is located in Bangalore, India.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- The development of the strategic trade management platform for middle office and re-engineering/enhancing the current stacks as well
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Adhere to test driven development – writing clean code with appropriate unit tests and automated end to end tests as well
- Analyze and understand the business requirements clearly to come up with clean solutions promptly
Knowing Spring and SQL is an added advantage. The role would involve understanding existing processes and then working on a plan in transitioning them to support higher volumes and improve efficiency
Desirable (but not essential):
- Equities Business Knowledge in especially middle office flow – allocations and confirmations processing. And good understanding of the end to end flow viz., front office – middle office – back office.
- Experience on working in UNIX based platforms
- Strong experience in Shell / scripting languages
- Strong experience in SQL – Sybase / Oracle
- Middleware technologies like MQ, QPID
- Familiarity with Source Code control concept and some of the popular tools (Perforce, Git)
- Build tools such as Maven or Ant
- Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bright and enthusiastic, self starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good presentation and influential skills